The Larsens 2007

The Larsens 2007

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

I am writing today about some bad news. I have been struggling with the decision to share or not...... I hope that writing a little bit will promote some healing. Recently Adam and I were blessed to find out that we were expecting. I was so excited! Finally after 15 long months it happened. Right as soon as I got off work I rushed to Adam's work so I could tell him the wonderful news. I bought the cutest little t shirt and wrapped it up and then gave it to him. It was such a happy and sweet moment when he put to and to together. Needless to say we were overjoyed. I started going to the doctor to make sure my pregnancy hormones were doing what they were supposed to do. We found that they seemed to be a bit sluggish but still rising ( within range) so things were going well. They were concerned that the pregnancy may not go well but we were determined to keep things positive. On Thanksgiving day I was 6 weeks along. That night I started feeling pain on my right side and we decided to go the the ER just to make sure everything was ok. I ended up having to stay overnight and into the next day. I was diagnosed with an ectopic pregnancy and shortly after started to miscarry. The whole experience has been one of the most painful things I have ever gone through both physically and emotionally. Due to some of the medication I had to take we have to wait up to 6 months before we can try again to conceive. 6 months seems like an eternity and I am hoping we don't have to wait the whole time. I am coming to accept Heavenly Father's will although it is extremely difficult. I have been touched by all of the love and support that I have received. My husband has been my rock and I am so thankful for him. Having a m/c was one of my worst fears but I survived and I hope I am learning whatever lesson I am supposed to. I hope with time that my heart will heal and I hope Adam and I will be able to have a little family of our own some day.

1 comment:

  1. Krystal I'm so so sorry. I have some idea of what this means to you. I've been thinking of you and tried to find your blog, then saw it on Emily's links. I'm thinking of you and wish you the best. Keep trying.

    Love, Eva

    ReplyDelete